Our History

Earl & Pearl Fliginger at Fliginger Equipment in the early years when they first opened the store in 1950.
The original Fliginger Equipment Company building in Trivoli, IL.

Fliginger’s Outdoor Power Center was established in 1987 by Steve Stewart, Gerald Wagler & Keith Wagler. Starting in 1950, Earl Fliginger established Fliginger Equipment in Trivoli, IL as an Allis Chalmers & Simplicity dealer. When Earl's daughter Eileen married Gerald Wagler in 1958, Gerald agreed to become a partner with Earl in the family business. Earl worked until he passed away in 1981, at which time Gerald took over the family business and his son, Keith Wagler, joined him as a partner.



Fliginger Equipment, Inc. was remodeled in the 1970's to its current-day appearance.

Upon being approached in the late-80's about opening a John Deere dealership in Morton, he and Eileen knew that Earl had always dreamed of owning a store in the Morton area. So they jumped at the opportunity to expand the family's business and made their son-in-law, Steve Stewart, a partner in the business and he has managed the Morton store ever since.


Fliginger's Outdoor Power Center, Inc. moved into the old Goodyear Tire store in December 1987.

Now in their 4th generation, Grant Stewart has joined his father, Steve, to run the family owned and operated business and they continue to work hard to build a reputation of quality customer service based on honest and trustworthy principles. The staff at Fliginger's is committed to exceeding the expectations of their customers, and strives to provide everyone in the Central Illinois area with the best products, parts & service for a full line-up of lawn and garden equipment.

Fliginger's Outdoor Power Center opened their doors right in time for Christmas in 1987.
This is a picture of new John Deere equipment setting on the front lot of the store.

Fliginger's Outdoor Power Center present day.